Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A little quilt for a little queen.

My cousin gave birth to a beautiful little girl named after a queen. I was really keen to give her something the very first time I met her so I made her a little quilt. Now I'm not that experienced or great at quilting and so it's more of a blanket that has a quilt core (not sure if it was a traditional quilt really!) I will say though the project was quick and enjoyable and I think I might try and get better and make them for all my friends, when they have babies that is.

The Great British Sewing Bee was very inspiring, I think I loved that it was only a few quality episodes and it had great, real people in it because they love it and for no other reason. Really made me think about the fact that I need to be careful with all the elements and details when it comes to my projects.


And I know we all know already but, ironing! No one mentions how crucial it is to sewing! Sometimes the measuring, cutting, pinning and ironing takes more time and energy than the actual sewing. I know this already and yet I'm still surprised. Every time!

 The best thing in the end about making things for an occasion or a person is that you get hours to sit there and contemplate. In this case, I was super excited to meet little Khaleesi and she is gorgeous just like her parents.




xxx j.

No comments: